Oakville Massage Therapy Clinic
A good massage can reduce the stresses and strains in your body. Muscle pain can be reduced, and the discomfort or pain from a particular ailment can be alleviated. Of course, not every massage has to be medically related. If you are looking for a way to rejuvenate and restore balance to your mind and body, a good massage will do the trick.
The Massage Therapists
Our registered massage therapists are dedicated to your comfort. They work with the joints and soft tissues of the body to give you an overall sense of increased comfort and relaxation. With multiple massage techniques, our registered therapists understand how to get down to the problem and release the tension in your body. They can determine the stage and severity of your condition and provide the appropriate massage techniques that will leave you feeling much better.
Short Term Goals of Therapy
Our massage therapy clinic aims to decrease pain so that you can get on with your everyday activities. Whether you are experiencing pain, inflammation, or swelling, our short term goal is to decrease the effects that your condition has on you so that you will not have to postpone the things that you would like to be doing, and so that you can begin the stages of healing.
Long Term Goals of Therapy
The long term goal of the therapy is to increase your body's range of motion and allow your joints to eventually move unrestricted. Through massage therapy, adhesions will become eliminated and your muscles should become strengthened once again.
Common Conditions Treated By Massage Therapists
The following are some common conditions that our certified massage therapists treat on a regular basis:
- Discomfort in the lower back
- Pains of pregnancy
- Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Stress and anxiety
- Sprains and strain injuries
- TMJ disorder
- CTS, TOS, Piriformis
- Frozen shoulder (or adhesive capsulitis)
Techniques and Treatments Used
There are a variety of techniques that our certified massage therapists might use as part of your treatment:
- A Swedish massage is a relaxing massage for the entire body, which also increases circulation, decreases muscle toxins, and eases tension.
- Trigger point therapy uses a combination of compressions, stretches, and heat to get the muscles back to their original length.
- Joint play, where the therapist actually moves or "plays" with the joints to give them full range of motion with no pain.
- Muscle energy technique uses motion to lengthen the muscle tissue and restore it to its natural position.
- The myofascial release which relaxes muscles, increases circulation, and stimulates the muscles stretch reflex.
- Cranial sacral therapy is a session where the therapist is able to treat mental stresses, migraines, and other chronic pain conditions.
With so many options for treatment, there is no reason why you should keep on suffering through your pain. Contact us today so that we can get you an appointment with one of our certified massage therapists and get you back on the road to healing.
Hours of Operation
Monday: 7:30 am – 7:00 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am – 7:00 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am – 7:00 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am – 7:00 pm
Friday: 7:30 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday: By Appointment
Sunday: By Appointment
360 Dundas St E, Unit B4 Oakville, ON L6H 6Z9
Dr. Don Geisler Dundas Chiropractic, Health & Wellness Centre 360 Dundas St E, Unit B4 Oakville, ON L6H 6Z9 (905) 257-5628
Dundas Chiropractic, Health & Wellness Centre - Chiropractors, Massage Therapists & Chiropodists in Oakville (Video Transcripts)
Are you tired of suffering from pain and discomfort and frustrated that you can’t get rid of it? Dundas Chiropractic, Spinal Decompression and Health Care are experts in pain relief and treatment of low back pain, sciatica leg pain and foot conditions. We are specialize in non surgical spinal decompression, orthotics and foot care. Effective treatments that work and help to relieve your pain and discomfort today. Dundas chiropractic, spinal decompression, foot and health care experts are here to relieve your pain. Call us today!