It is hard to get rid of frequent aches and pains without taking painkillers. But painkillers come with their own list of side effects which are avoidable. Chiropractic care is non-invasive and drug-free with no adverse side effects. If you suffer from persistent joint pain, backache or headaches, consider chiropractic pain relieving techniques. Learn more about how it works to relieve you from pain for good.
Chiropractic Advancements Explained Simply
Chiropractic programs involve a full year of PhD-level advanced training. The aim is to help the body attain optimum health, safely. According to the World Federation of Chiropractic, the profession involves diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disorders related to the musculoskeletal system and its effects on the nervous system and overall health. The emphasis is on manually adjusting the spine, joint and soft-tissues to restore health, preventing further injuries. It is usually considered a complementary healthcare service, offered alongside other treatments.
Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments
Dislocation, joint pains and inflammation are usually the results of compression and irritation to spinal joints and nerves called “vertebral subluxation.” Chiropractic adjustments align the vertebra into position, doing away with aches and pains. Chiropractic adjustments work on subluxated or body parts that are just not working. Pain in the legs, for instance, sciatica, can be caused by the vertebra and spine being out of place. Gastrointestinal discomfort could be caused by spine nerves being pinched. These can be caused by poor posture, injuries, falls, stress, and degenerative changes of the spine.
Cells and organs in the body are all controlled by nerves traveling through the spinal canal. The outcome of simply realigning these nerves can be overwhelming. Complementary treatments for chiropractic adjustment include spinal decompression therapy, deep tissue massage therapy, and acupuncture.
Therapeutic Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments
- Improve Posture and Sciatica Pains: Long hours of sitting hunched over the phone or laptop, strains the neck muscles and other parts of the body. Over 96% of patients experienced great improvement in lower back and neck pain through chiropractic adjustment in a short span of time, accompanied by physical therapy and spinal mobilization. 72% reported success in recovering from sciatica-related symptoms, compared.
- Reduce Headaches: Stress-related headaches and migraines are the most common conditions managed by chiropractors. Studies have shown that chiropractic treatment saw the number of attacks drop down by nearly 90%, without using drugs.
- Colic, Acid Reflux, and Ear Infections: The natural healing process has reportedly helped reduce colic symptoms in infants with no adverse effects. Case studies describe sharp of reduction in discomfort from ear infections and acid reflux in children within just four visits of realigning the spine to reduce pressure on certain nerves.
- Seizures and Epilepsy: Research has shown how upper cervical adjustments affect various conditions of the brain. MRI scans reveal that cerebral-spinal fluid and blood flow dramatically increased after a chiropractic adjustment, reversing conditions of neurological disorders in multiple sclerosis patients. The treatment helped correct epilepsy and seizures for pediatric epileptic patients. Similarly, high and low blood pressure was normalized too.
- Scoliosis, Frozen Shoulder, Surgery Prevention: Patients suffering from back pain, frozen shoulder and scoliosis are advised to first try chiropractic adjustment, along with muscular rehabilitation techniques. This has helped many manage their condition without invasive surgeries.
Dundas Chiropractic: Oakville’s Best Chiropractic, Naturopathic, Orthotics Centre
Dundas Chiropractic is a trusted center for patients suffering from back pain-related ailments. Our team of reputed doctors and staff offer a variety of treatments and therapies to treat all forms of pain and discomfort to help you reach optimal health. We are just a phone call away to relieve you of your pain.